ABOUT AUXLY CANNABIS GROUP INC. (TSX: XLY)
Auxly is a leading Canadian consumer packaged goods company in the cannabis products market, headquartered in Toronto, Canada. The Company’s focus is on developing, manufacturing, and distributing branded cannabis products that delight wellness and recreational consumers and deliver on its consumer promise of quality, safety, and efficacy. Learn more at www.auxly.com and stay up to date on our social channels (Twitter: @AuxlyGroup; Instagram: @auxlygroup; Facebook: @auxlygroup; LinkedIn: company/auxlygroup/).
ABOUT THE ROLE
Based out of Toronto, Ontario, we are currently looking for a Vice President, People and Culture (VP, P&C) to help lead our People and Culture team. The VP, P&C is responsible for building and nurturing a high-performance culture where people are passionate about success. The VP, P&C provides vision and leadership in directing the organization’s human resources functions including talent management, compensation, change management, performance management, workforce planning, employee engagement, training and development, leadership training, succession planning, and all internal communications relating to the foregoing. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the VP, P&C has exceptional communication and relationship management skills and provides leadership by articulating P&C needs and plans to the executive management team and all of Auxly’s diverse stakeholders. The CPO woks closely with key stakeholders, the CEO, and the executive management team to build the human resource capabilities and systems to support Auxly’s business plan and strategic objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and maintain an intimate understanding of our business, in the interests of building effective and productive working relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Develop and implement strategies and programs that foster and support the Auxly’s corporate values and culture, including employee engagement frameworks and communications strategies that foster a “One Auxly” team mentality across multiple operational sites.
- Develop and execute P&C strategies to support Auxly’s strategic objectives and goals, including:
- Assess organizational performance, identify talent gaps, and propose P&C solutions that support the business.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of the Company’s strategic goals.
- Develop P&C specific management systems and key performance indicators to monitor progress towards the achievement of P&C goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the Company’s stakeholders regarding human resource and business culture issues.
- Work with the Company’s executive management team to establish a sound plan of management succession.
- Drive people engagement strategies that foster an environment where all employees feel respected and valued.
- Integrate diversity and inclusion strategies into business plans to ensure an inclusive approach to the workplace.
- Managing all internal employee communications across multiple sites so that employees understand and feel connected to the Company’s strategic goals.
- Be available to all employees as a coach, counselor, and mentor; be effective at rallying everyone toward the common goals of the Company and be an effective bridge builder across all functions and levels within the organization.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to facilitate the consistent application, implementation and improvement of P&C policies, processes, and programs (e.g., merit and promotion, planning, performance management, employee relations, career development, headcount planning etc.).
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills who is comfortable presenting to and interacting with the company’s diverse stakeholders (from senior executive leadership to production employees).
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver who is thorough and detail-oriented in their analysis and resolution of issues.
- A “hands-on” leader who has direct experience in a broad scope of P&C issues and disciplines in fast paced and evolving environments.
- Ability to effectively manage diverse teams across multiple sites in different jurisdictions within Canada and/or abroad.
- Highly organized and responsive with a demonstrated ability to support senior leadership through ongoing, transparent, and timely reporting and dialogue.
- Understands how to lead change within dynamic environments.
- High emotional intelligence with a proven ability to engage and motivate employees.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects that cut across multiple business units, teams, jurisdictions, and HR partners from inception through completion.
- Strong financial literacy and budgeting capabilities with a proven ability to work with finance leadership in developing, implementing, and monitoring budget performance.
- Ability to maintain a broad view of the business and deliver solutions that balance individuals and overall company needs.
- Ability to focus on critical issues and balance and respond to competing priorities.
- Strong consulting and influencing skills; ability to think strategically.
- Strong facilitation skills applicable across formal and informal (e.g., coaching, mentoring) approaches.
- Ability to manage and thrive within ambiguity.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience within varied human resource information systems; and
- Proficient in latest version of Microsoft Office products (including Excel), experience with talent acquisition/applicant tracking systems, LMS, payroll, and related HR software.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field required, advanced degree from an accredited university, MBA or MA/MS in human resources is preferred.
- Advanced human resources certification, such as CHRE, preferred.
- 10+ years of P&C experience, with at least three years in a P&C leadership position.
- Experience in high-growth, public organization or in an entrepreneurial environment is preferred.
HOW WE HIRE
Auxly Cannabis Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We provide accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to this exciting role, email a cover letter and resume to:
Patricia Bexis, Senior Consultant