ERCO Worldwide has a 120-year history of producing chemicals and a long history of supplying environmentally preferred chlorine dioxide technology to the pulp and paper industry. ERCO Worldwide’s chloralkali business serves a variety of industries including municipal and industrial water treatment, food processing, fertilizers, agricultural intermediates, and oil and gas. ERCO Worldwide is the second-largest producer of sodium chlorate in the world. It has the world’s largest installed base of modern chlorine dioxide generators and related technology and is the second-largest producer of potassium products in North America.
ERCO Worldwide is a global commodity chemicals company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. For over 50 years, the Port Edwards, Wisconsin Plant has been safely producing Chlor-alkali and other products that are vital for the pulp and paper, food processing, agriculture, electronic, de-icing, petroleum, and water treatment industries.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the core function of this position is to provide direction and leadership to the Maintenance Department to ensure a safe, responsible, and cost-effective operation is maintained. Also responsible for:
- Safety, health, and environmental compliance.
- Ensure compliance with construction, engineering, safety and environmental codes and regulations.
- Manage action items from PHAs, AIs, environmental incidents, etc.
- Support plant PHA activity.
- Champion plant and shop housekeeping for maintenance crew and contractors.
- Planning and implementing proactive, predictive and preventative programs.
- Supervising directly or indirectly, plant repairs and modifications as administered through plant work order and process management of change systems.
- Work order, PM and other related maintenance documentation (E-One) CMMS systems are in place.
- MOC system is fully utilized for plant modifications.
- Plant Shutdowns are planned and completed safely with minimal impact on Production plan.
- Supervising contractors and understanding the labor cost for contractors.
- Develop and manage long term asset management plan.
- Manage or lead plant capital projects.
- Monitor equipment reliability to determine optimum life through PMs.
- Specify equipment and materials for plant processes to ensure plant reliability.
- Manage equipment calibration for critical equipment per standards.
- Lead the improvements and corrective actions for repetitive problems.
- Create a culture of eliminating unplanned downtime.
Effective and Efficient Communication:
- Communicate between employee and contractors to bridge knowledge/experiences.
- Facilitate process problem troubleshooting and secure necessary resources.
- Participate on corporate maintenance team as plant representative.
Cost Budgeting and Management:
- Annual budgeting for Maintenance Department.
- Monthly Reporting and Metrics (cost variance, contractor hours, etc.).
- Communication with maintenance staff through the leads, on goals and results.
- Drive continuous improvements and culture of cost improvements.
- Develop a critical stores inventory plan that manages cost with availability of parts.
- Defines and implements Maintenance Crew Training program.
- Coaching and development for supervisors and maintenance employees through skill blocks.
- Drive accountability and responsibility to each team member.
- Manage employee work restrictions or reasonable accommodations.
- Injury case management for Maintenance Department.
- Respond to employee concerns (EH&S, policy, technical, etc.).
- Administer/manage changes to site and maintenance department policies (i.e., overtime, vacation, etc.).
- Project/Reliability Engineer (2)
- Mechanical Supervisor
- E/I Supervisor
- Process Controls Engineer
- Maintenance Planner
The employee will handle, label, and otherwise be responsible for the proper management of hazardous waste containers. The employee will receive both classroom and on-the-job training related to the proper management of hazardous wastes under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) and Wisconsin hazardous waste regulations to ensure compliance with those regulations.
- Engineering degree.
- Minimum of 5-7 years industrial manufacturing experience.
- Previous background in leadership within a maintenance department.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to improving safety, environmental, operational and cost performance.
- Must have prior experience in project management and reliability improvement.
WHY JOIN ERCO WORLDWIDE?
- Community-focused through our giving to United Way, hosting blood bank clinics, providing scholarships to our surrounding technical colleges and universities, and other community initiatives.
- Responsible Care Certified by the American Chemistry Council.
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified.
- Highly skilled employees ensure highest operating standards.
- Leading competitive positions with internal promotion opportunities.
- Innovative and safe manufacturing processes.
- Track record of stable performance with growth potential.
- Comprehensive benefits package and progressive 401k with 50% company match on first 7% contributed plus a discretionary monthly contribution of 6% on gross monthly income.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, email your cover letter and resume to:
Marty Greenaway, Search Consultant